Friday, August 29, 2008

Ginger Peach Muffins


They were over so soon that I was able
to take photo
of these leftover muffins next day!

My Farm picking has indulged me in many new and different recipes. I loved cooking and serving the new recipes and each one is close to my heart. This ginger peach muffins I made for adorable Yash (my friend's kid) on his birthday. You must have seen him in the farm picking photos I posted previously. I found this recipe very fast, simple and easy.



Ginger Peach Muffins
Source: Virtual Cities
Cuisine: International ~ American
Prep time: 20 mins
Baking time: 25-30 mins
Serves: 6-8 people

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 eggs
½ cup butter, melted
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
1 cup fresh peaches, peeled and finely chopped
½ cup chopped pecans
Method:
  • Preheat oven to 400 °F [205°C]. Grease muffin tin with butter and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
  • In another bowl, combine egg, yogurt, and butter, then add ginger, peaches, and pecans.
  • Fold egg mixture into flour mixture. Fill greased muffin ½ to 2/3 full.
  • Bake in a 400 °F [205°C] oven for 25 minutes.
Variations: you can use nectarine instead of peaches
Other baking goodies from my kitchen:
Red Currants Mini Tarts
Cherry Rose Rolls
Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails